The Defence and Veterans Legal Service supports Australian Defence Force personnel and veterans, and their families, carers and supporters to safely share their experiences with the Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide.
Who are we?
The Defence and Veterans Legal Service is a free national service that is independent of the Royal Commission, the Department of Defence and the Department of Veterans' Affairs. We:
- give information and legal advice about taking part in the Royal Commission
- support Australian Defence Force personnel and veterans, as well as their families, carers and supporters, and only give legal advice about individual matters
- will only share your information if you give consent
- can help you understand your legal rights and your options for sharing your experiences with the Royal Commission
- can connect you with other services, including free counselling
- have staff across Australia who deliver a trauma-informed, culturally safe and accessible service
- are funded by the Australian Government through National Legal Aid
- we have a range of resources to support you to safely share your experiences with the Royal Commission.
Last updated 5 November 2021